Potato is a cooking friendly vegetable as it goes well with all ingredients and it is easy to cook. My personal experience is that new beginners of cooking can start with simple recipes by using potato/aloo. Potato curry is a simple gravy recipe which goes well with chappathi/rotis and idlis/dhosa and idiyappam also u can pair it with white rice.
1.Chopped onion and tomatoes- 1cup
2. boiled potatoes(mashed)- 2cup
3.Green chilli/red chilli - 5nos
4. Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
7.Saunf- 1 tbsp
8.salt to taste
9. cumin - 1tbsp
10.oil- 4 tbsp
11. Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
12. garma masala powder - 1tbsp
1. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp oil and saute onion,tomato,chilli and bay leaves,saunf,cinnamon stick,chillies,ginger garlic paste
2. after shallow frying it let it cool down and blend it in a blender.
3.In the same pan heat 3tbsp oil and temper with cumin
4. add the puree from blender and add chilli powder, salt and masala powder
5.let it cook for 5min
6. Finally add mashed potatoes and cover and cook for 10min
7. When the oil splits on top, switch off the stove and garnish with fresh herbs of your choice.
8. Serve hot with chappathis or idli or dhosa or rice.