Chili parotta, is favorite at many restaurants across the Indian subcontinent, especially South India. It is essentially a plain parotta shredded into small, bite-sized pieces mixed with sauteed onions, tomatoes, and chili powder.(source: wikepedia). It is usually popular amount south of tamil nadu especially madurai. My favorite dish which I used to order in restaurant is Chilli parotta. Once I had chilli Parotta in Trichy some restaurant, that was the best chilli parotta till now which I ever had, am trying to recreate the recipe each time I make this dish but am not able to compete it. Though Parotta is made of maida and it is not good food health, its ok to have once in a blue moon :p.
1. Parotta(shredded)- 4
2. Chopped Onion(preferably square shape) -1
3. capsicum/bell peppers chopped (square shape) - 1
4. Tomato puree/tomato ketchup - 1/4 cup
5. chilli powder - 1 tsp
6.Garm masala powder - 1tsp
7. Salt as per taste
8. Coriander for garnishing
1. In a pan add few drops of oil and fry the shredded parotta until it get crispy
2. Set the fried parotta aside and add oil to the same pan and saute the chopped onions and capsicum
3. Add chilli powder,salt and tomato puree.
4. after the mixture is mushy add the shallow fried parottas.
5. Finally garnish with coriander
6. serve hot with raitha.