Khara Bath is a famous south indian dish mainly originating from Karnataka. It is also called with different names like masala bath,uppma. It is made with semolina and its a very easy breakfast recipe. There are different versions of kara bath/ masala bath.
1. Chopped onion - 1cup
2. Chopped Tomato- 1cup
3. Green chillies- 4nos
4. Semolina/rava - 1cup
5. salt- as per taste
6. garam masala powder - 1tbsp
7. Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
8. Water- 3cup
9. vegetables of choice(cube sized chopped carrot and beans, peas)- 1/4 cup
1. Mustard - 1tbsp
2. Urad dal - 1tbsp
3. Channa dal -1tbsp
4. Cashews- 10nos
5. ghee/melted butter - 4tbsp
1. Dry roast rava until it turns golden brown in a pan/kadai and let it cool down aside.
2. In the same kadai heat ghee and saute the ingredients under sautee
3. Add onion and tomato and ginger paste and saute until it turns mushy
4.Add vegetables,masala powder and salt to the mixture
5. Sautee for 5mins and add water.
6.When the vegetables are cooked add the semolina/rava which was dry roasted.
7. Cook well and stir promptly without lumps until the rava sets off from the sides of pan
8. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with coconut chutney.