A bhaji, bhajji, Bhajiya or bajji is a spicy snack similar to a fritter, originating from the Indian subcontinent, with several variants. It is a popular snack food in Tamil Nadu. Outside south india it is mostly called as Pakora.
Everyone loves to have hot bajji in a cold weather. Bajji can be made out in any vegetables like onio,potato,plantain(raw bannana), Chilli, capsicum(bell pepper), cauliflower, brinjal and breads.
1. gram flour - 1cup
2. Rice flour - 1/4 cup
3. Salt to taste
4. Turmeric/food color - 1 tsp
5. water- 1/2 cup
6. choice of vegetables(potato/onion/plantain )- thinly sliced
1. Mix the flour and add water little by little and make sure the batter is thick in consistency.
2. Heat a pan/kadai with oil once the oil has reached the boiling point, dip the sliced vegetable in batter and fry it
3. fry both the sides.
4. Serve bajji with coconut chutney/ sambar some even like to eat with halwas/kesaris.