Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern food, commonly served in a pita.The falafel balls are topped with salads, pickled vegetables, hot sauce, and drizzled with tahini-based sauces.( source : wikepedia )
1. Chickpeas soaked for 8 hours - 1cup
2. Onion chopped- 1/2 cup
3. Garlic cloves- 2
4.Salt as per taste
5. Cumin powder - 1 tbsp
1. Coarsely blend all the ingredients in a blender
2. In a pan add oil and bring to boiling temperature
3. Make the coarsely blended mixture into round shaped balls
4. drop the balls in oil and deep fry it until it is cooked.
5. Finally serve falafel with hummus drizzled with olive oil as dip.